Grand Hotel Tchaikovsky, being located in a building that is an object of cultural heritage of regional importance, conveys the atmosphere of true Petersburg and combines it with modern design and technology. The design of 69 rooms of 6 categories, which can accommodate up to 170 people, are made in a classic modern style, the interior pleases the eye and creates the atmosphere of coziness and comfort.
"Building number 55 at Tchaikovsky Street, where the hotel is located, as it looks now, was built in the middle of the 19th century. Before this time there was a wooden house at the third Pushkarskaya line by the stream (a section of up-to-date buldings № 53 — 55), and the princess Natalia Alekseevna, whose palace was nearby, used it as a theater.
Later, in 1859−1860 the house was rebuilt into a apartment house by the architect Ferri de Pigny, then at Sergievskaya Street, 55, and belonged to Academician architect A. Kolman. In its frontage part there were huge multi-room apartments — only two on each floor: they had 15−20 rooms each. On the 2nd and 3rd floors, in addition to the ""master's"" apartments, there were 4 more apartments, with from 1 to 3 rooms. Their windows overlooked the yard. Later in different years the house was owned by the Muravyov and Sheremetev dynasties, and then up to the revolution, it belonged to the industrialist, chairman of the board of the Russian-Asian Bank Alexey Putilov.
In Soviet times, there were communal apartments. The building is included in the list of monuments of regional significance: in 2001 the building was included in the "List of newly identified objects of historical, scientific, artistic or other cultural value"